London: Trafalgar Square

So... remember how I went to London this past June? Well, I did. Or we - Bryan and I - did. Bryan had to go for work and I figured I'd tag along. I mean, London?! Are you kidding me! I'd never been to London!

Well, I loved it. Love it! London is absolutely beautiful. It's charming, elegant, classy, cheery, and fun. I truly loved every moment of my time there!

Right, so we arrived on Saturday June 7 (left the 6th), Bryan worked Monday through Thursday, and we flew out June 15... at least I think those were those were the dates. It's been a while.


You know you're in London when...


..."Toilets"! Ha.

Anyway, Bryan did work a lot of the time (I suppose that's why they call it a business trip). Still when Bryan wasn't working, the two of us played hard. And when Bryan was working, I still played. We got to see a lot of really neat things. But today I want to share pictures of one of my favorite spots in London: Trafalgar Square.

Trafalgar Square is a public area situated right in the middle of London. It is filled with monuments and statues, fountains, street performers, history, culture, and loads of people.

In the very center is Nelson's Column - built to honor Admiral Horatio Nelson who died at the Battle of Trafalgar. The statue atop is actually of Admiral Nelson.



The monument is flanked by four lions who "guard" the column. 



(The lions were really really hot in the sun!)


Surrounding the Square are a number of famous attractions. There's the National Gallery, which is rumored to be the fourth most visited museum in the world. Boy is it an exquisite building and art museum. And admission is free, which makes it even more appealing.





There's also St. Martin-in-the-Fields Church on the Northern end of the square - just next to the National Gallery. 





And of course to the South - Southwest is Admiralty Arch which leads to the Mall.



... and then there are the roundabouts. I do love a good roundabout. 



Now for misc statues and street performers.


Yes, that is a blue chicken...


King George IV


British Yoda?



Look closer! He's "playing with fire"... bahaha (embrace the cheese).


Ps Who knew taking a selfie could be so difficult... 



...all I wanted was proof I was actually there. Ha. Good times.

Post a Comment