Festival of Trees

Bry and I went to the Festival of Treesan ever growing benefit that raises money for Primary Children's Hospitalthis weekend. Bry and I each have good memories of this event from our youth. And yet, funny enough, we have entirely different memories. You see, Bryan’s family was all about appreciating the trees, whereas my family was more the gingerbread house type. So this year, we soaked in a little of both.


Trees:







Gingerbread Houses:


...you realize that's the weasley's burrow?! phenomenal!

And Rapunzel's tower. Easy right? Ha! I can't imagine how much time that must have taken!


I'm speechless.

My junior year of high school I submitted a fairly large gingerbread house myself! Tragically I can’t find a picture of it at the moment… but it was fun. Nothing compared to the White House, but a gingerbread house nonetheless.

Misc:



The displaystrees, wreaths, quilts, ginerbreadhouses, etcare donated individuals or groups and then are sold to raise money for the hospital. And it is astounding how many entries the festival receives, and how many of them are sold. I read somewhere that they receive over 500 trees each year in the festival. Can you believe it! Each display is so fun too and spout an array of personalities. If you haven't had the chance to visit this wonderful benefit than I highly recommend it.   

Post a Comment