Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve we spent at my parents house. It was a wonderful evening! We started with making hygiene kits for LDS Humanitarian Services to be distributed around the world.








We then ate a most scrumptious meal.





 Following dinner, we had an epic talent show with a whole lot of flair. 





Bekah whistled the theme songs from Pirates of the Caribbean, Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, and many more. Have you ever tried that? Not easy. Not easy at all. 


Michelle did an interpretive dance with juggling.


Grandma shared homemade candy for her talent. 


Bekah and I sang a Christmas duet accompanied by Sarah.


Christina played Jingle Bells by tapping her crutches together (did I mention she had foot surgery just a week or so ago! She’s so brave.)


Matt sang a Christmas song in Spanish.


John smiled.


My Dad played the piano.


Sarah led us in the song Christmas Is Upon Us, actions and all.





Michelle and I played a duet of Sleigh Ride… sort of…


Grandpa and Bekah played a clarinet and flute duet.


Just about everyone participated in a number with “Boomwackers”. Hitting these sticks against your head makes music. It’s hilarious.

As you can see we take our talents very seriously. 

Following the talent show we moved on to our portrayal of the Nativity. It was wonderful. Everyone was given a part, a script, and a basket of costumes to choose from. It was lovely.

Mary and Joseph...and donkey

Angels
 
The shepherds (using Christina’s crutches as staffs)


Wise [wo]men


Herod
Bryan also played the accompaniment for the Christmas songs throughout the Nativity.

And the crew
...with Liz as the Inn Keeper and me as the narrator

Following the Nativity we all shared our favorite things about the Christmas season and what we love about our Savior, Jesus Christ. There was such a beautiful feeling in the room as we discussed the true meaning of Christmas. I am so grateful for moments like that, those moments when you feel a little bit of Heaven right there with you. I am so grateful for my family. I am so grateful for my husband, parents, siblings, and grandparents. I am so grateful for all the wonderful people I am so lucky to know. And I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven. I love the Christmas season because it reminds me how I can have that feeling of heaven with me all the time so long as I remember Jesus Christ and my Heavenly Father in everything. What a wonderful season.

We then finished the night with the annual sibling gift exchange in which we each give a gift to one sibling. It’s one of my favorite parts of the season: giving something meaningful and with love to a sibling I love so much. And then: one big family slumber party in the family room. What a wonderful night!

Post a Comment