Road Trip

My amazing sister, Bekah, is studying in Boston this fall and so my Dad and I drove her out. Aka: road trip!






Saturday through Wednesday: Utah, Wyoming, Nebraska, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, and finally Boston! In a word, it was phenomenal! We saw SO many… fields...



...semis...


...windmills...




lovely scenery...





sunsets...



and SO much…corn, wheat, corn, corn, wheat, corn, corn, corn, and more corn...






It was spectacular! Who knew the USA was so... monotonous?! In a beautiful way…though!

Oh oh oh! ...and don't forget Bob...


RIP

Ok, ok, we also made a few stops here and there, including a fantastic stop in Buffalo, NY where we saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Bek and my Dad hadn’t seen it yet… Ha. We’re so cool! We also hit up a number of LDS Church History sites—Nauvoo, Kirtland, Carthage, the Hill Cumorah, and the Sacred Grove—but we’ll talk about those in later post as they deserve more attention.

Oh but the road trip: It was relaxing…and yet entirely draining. You would think you’d find yourself rested after so much sitting. Not so. You know, road tripping that far in so little time (with lengthy stops in Nauvoo, Kirtland, Carthage, and Palmyra mind you), makes for some very early mornings and some extremely late nights. That, and we hardly napped in the car seeing as we just couldn’t stop talking, singing, laughing...and reading Ender’s Game of course! Confession: I LOVE being read to! Really though. And seeing as I get motion sickness when I read in cars, Bekah read the WHOLE thing to me! A great book! That being said, we edited it for the excessive little boy humor. And I also didn’t care for the melancholy ending. I’m a sucker for happily ever afters, and Enders Game didn’t really leave me with that feel. Other than that, however, it was extremely intriguing. I even guessed the ending! Ha.

Oh but the chats! We don’t get that kind of quality time together too much these days seeing as we live all over. Naturally, we soaked it up. And let it be known: I love road trip conversations. Love them! Really though. Road trip conversations take things to an entirely new level. After spending so much time with people in such an intimate setting, you can’t help but slip into the deepest of conversations about life, spirituality, and philosophy. And on the flip, you’ll never laugh harder. Sure we chat about such things and laugh regularly, but with so much time and so few distractions things are near magical. I love road trips. Especially with my amazing family! Love them! When’s the next one?

Post a Comment