My Husband has to Schedule Me In

Thanks to Bry’s combined workload and training, I have a weekend only husband. Monday through Friday, I am what one might call a husbandless wife. And to be entirely honest, he even has to work some on the weekend right now too. Really though, you know it’s bad when I wake to find an official google calendar invite (not an email... a scheduling invite) WITH the following in my email inbox:

Title: FHE (Family Home Evening)
When: Tue Aug 9 9pm – 9:30pm (EDT)
Who: Bryan Perry + email
Going? Yes – Maybe – No

Yes I am supposed to RSVP. Haha. I about died of laughter. It’s not even the scheduling that makes me laugh. I mean, we regularly have a designated “calendar” time weekly (usually during FHE) to plan out our schedules… dates and play included. I think it’s more the means of communication that caused me to tear with uncontrollable, gut-deep laughter. What are we colleagues now? How bout a text? Or even a quick email? This truly is an all time low for us. Haha. Kidding. Haha. Oh, I’m still dying though.

I hope you don’t think I’m mocking him. No, not at all. If anything, this is me sharing one of the many things I love about my husband! Bryan and his official planning and technology... Isn’t it great? And really, look me in the eye and tell me you don’t find what we have to do to communicate with his schedule right now downright hysterical. My husband is truly a champ! And he’s obviously resourceful—communicating by any means possible. Not to mention, he did take the initiative. And Bry works so hard and does so much for our family! Not to mention, he’s an unbelievable sport to squeeze in playing with me amidst his heavy load! Yeah, I married a stud! Love you Bry.

PS: For any of you wondering, I RSVPed yes!

Post a Comment