General Conference Flooding

What do you think of when you think of General Conference?

Wait.  Before I go off on my own thoughts, let me factually define General Conference: semiannual meetings for all members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The meetings’ purposes are to provide instruction and conduct church business. The conference spans two weekends (Saturday and Sunday) each year (April and October). While the meetings are held in Salt Lake City, Utah, they are broadcast globally and can be accessed here. All are invited to participate.

So again I ask: What do you think of when you think of General Conference?  Me: I think of a weekend in my pajamas, sitting on my couch, taking notes, eating fantastic food, while soaking in the teachings of Heaven. No distractions.

Bryan, on the other hand, is the king of efficiency. (He loves economics in any domain.) For him, General Conference (at least on Saturdays) means volume on HIGH so we can soak in the heavenly instruction while deep cleaning everything: sweeping, dusting, scrubbing, laundry…

Now. Bryan and I are the proud parents of a beautiful portable washing machine! It’ brilliant! You hook it up to a sink, place a drainage tube into the bathtub/sink, and voil√†! You’re ready to go! Saves us hours at the Laundromat (and at a psychiatrist). And you’d be surprised how much you can fit in that lil thing!

Anyway, as part of his “General Conference Economics”, Bryan did some of his laundry. In his storm of efficiency, however, he failed to place the drainage tube in the bathtub. Thus, a flood:


I maintain Bryan did it on purpose: efficiency right?  Clean laundry, floors, AND towels! ...I'm kidding.
Too funny!  Neither of us could stop laughing! Now back to conference...

Post a Comment