Homemade Oreos

Freshman year of college, my cousin/roommate (Laura) and I used to make Homemade Oreos on a weekly basis.


We ate Oreos for breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, study break snack, midnight snack...those were the days. We were perfect candidates for the “Freshman 15”. Funny enough, we both lost weight? Perhaps it was that our caloric intake did not technically increase. In place of 1,500 daily calories from fruits, veggies, grains, and the likes, we consumed 1,500 calories from chocolate, brownies, ice cream, Oreos, etc... Our 1,500 calories were much more worth it!

Well, this morning I woke with an intense craving for these Homemade Oreos. For a second, I considered pulling the infamous “Oreo April Fools Prank” (the one where you fill Oreos with white toothpaste)…but my appetite far outweighed my desire to be funny (I couldn’t bear to waste such delicacies). Thus for date night, the Husband and I combined Oreo making (YUM) with a viewing of the adorable movie Tangled (LOVE)! A fantastic combination!

Homemade Oreos:
Cookies:
1 chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
½ cup oil
Mix. Roll into little balls, cook for 8 minutes at 350. Let them cool.

Filling:
½ cup butter
8 oz cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
powdered sugar to taste
Mix.

Form sandwiches by bonding two cookies with frosting for the filling.


HEAVENLY!

(Ps: Betty Crocker’s GLUTEN FREE chocolate cake mix works GREAT!)


Post a Comment