Primary

So, this is about church. Well, really about church primary. You see, the Husband and I are devoted primary attendees.

On Sundays, while most attend seriously spiritual classes, we attend entertainingly spiritual classes.
While most hang out with “mature” folks, we spend time with unassuming three-to eight-year-olds.
While most calmly read the scriptures, we vigorously act out the scriptures—yes with costumes!
While most try to deepen basic beliefs, we try to simplify the fundamental gospel principles.
While most sit on big cold chairs, we sit on miniature plastic chairs.
While most sing calm and staid ballads, we sing lively songs with lots of fantastic actions.

You see, the Husband and I teach the five-year-olds at our church.  And we absolutely LOVE it! 

We teach the purest, most kindhearted group of kids; we couldn’t have asked for a better crew. The aura of divinity is near tangible when with those children. I just love the way their eyes light up when they learn a new truth. I love their sincere curiosity when we explain the Gospel of Jesus Christ and God's plan of happiness. I love their sensitive spirits; their hearts are still so accessible to the Heavens.

In truth, sometimes I wonder who is "the teacher". Time and time again, I find myself their pupil. I teach of faith; they illustrate faith. I speak of righteousness; they embody righteousness. I preach of love; they exist to love.

At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying,
Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them, And said,
Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children,
ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble
himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
-New Testament, Matthew 18:1-4

I feel so unbelievably privileged to have this remarkable opportunity to learn from His finest examples in mortality.

Post a Comment