Homework! Oh, Homework!


Homework! Oh, Homework!
I hate you! You stink!
I wish I could wash you away in the sink,
if only a bomb
would explode you to bits.
Homework! Oh, homework!
You're giving me fits.

I'd rather take baths
with a man-eating shark,
or wrestle a lion
alone in the dark,
eat spinach and liver,
pet ten porcupines,
than tackle the homework,
my teacher assigns.

Homework! Oh, homework!
you're last on my list,
I simply can't see
why you even exist,
if you just disappeared
it would tickle me pink.
Homework! Oh, homework!
I hate you! You stink!

-Jack Prelutsky

I've loved that poem since I memorized it for second grade.  And yes I did just pull another all-nighter (remember how I pulled a few last week), and I’m currently pushing for a double header! You’d think by age 24 I’d have learned not to procrastinate! But no…

My favorite part, however, is that I have at long last found a procrastination buddy! It’s so much more fun having someone supporting my procrastinating by texting me at 4am informing me she is still up working on our 15 page papers too! Ha. Love it! Love her! Love-hate procrastination!

LOVE love that I’m getting married in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!

Post a Comment