I Heart Procrastination

Last November I shared my 10 Clues that I’m Procrastinating…written obviously because I was procrastinating. Well it’s been over a year and while I’m sure I’ve grown in some regard, I have yet to even set a goal to not procrastinate…pretty much what I’m trying to say is:

10 New Clues that I’m Procrastinating
1. I’ve popped and am eating an entire bowl popcorn
2. I’ve popped and am eating another entire bowl of popcorn
…this time lightly salted
3. I’ve watched a really dumb movie…
(Eclipse was SO bad it was hysterical! Never seeing that again…)
4. I’ve popped and am eating another entire bowl of popcorn
…this time a little more heavily salted
5. I’ve taken a nap
6. I’ve popped and am eating another entire bowl of popcorn
…this time heavily salted and lightly drizzled with butter
7. I’ve considered cleaning my room
...only considered
8. I’ve even considered doing my laundry
...again only considered
9. I’ve popped and am eating another entire bowl of popcorn
…this time heavily salted and doused with lots and lots of butter!
10. I’m blogging…while eating my popcorn!

You see, although I have already...
Given three 30 minute final oral presentations
Submitted two 15 page final papers

I still have…
Less than 24 hours to start and complete a 15 page paper
Less than 24 hours to start and complete two process recordings (meaning I have to transcribe verbatim two therapy sessions and then reflect and identify theories and interventions applied)

Not to mention next week when I have to…
Begin and write two more 15 page 11 font research papers!
Oh, and pack my apartment up…

…and I’m getting married in exactly THREE WEEKS (at long last!  Hurray!)!

In summary: looks like not a lot is going on. Life is calm, relaxed, and completely monotonous… HA.

The weirdest thing is as stressed as I may be, the truth is: I LOVE pressure. I do my best work under pressure. So I guess in some regard—for better or for worse—I love the adrenalin rush of procrastination…so once again I have procrastinated...      Wish me luck!

Post a Comment